* Last day to register in any manner other than in-person with the Local Clerk for the November 5, 2019 election is Monday, October 21, 2019
* Up to 4:00 pm on November 4, 2019 - Electors may obtain an absent voter ballot in-person in the Clerk’s office
* On Election Day - November 5, 2019 - Election day registrants may obtain and vote an absent voter ballot in person in the Local Clerk’s office or vote in-person in the proper precinct. Additional instructions will be provided by Clerk staff at time of in person registration.
Absentee Voting Options
All eligible registered voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason. Absentee voting is a convenient way to cast a ballot instead of going to the voting precinct on Election Day. Absentee ballot applications are available online or at City Hall.
Voters can also request to be on the Permanent Absentee Voter List for future elections. Voters who join the mailing list must do so in writing and will receive an application by mail prior to every election.
Forms and Applications can be returned by the following methods: mail, dropped off at City Hall, by using the after-hours drop box, fax 313-343-2510, or email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view all election results for all communities in Wayne County, click here
2019 Election Dates/Information
November 5, 2019 - General Election
* Election Results
* Election Notice
* Registration Notice
* Public Accuracy Notice
* Sample Ballot
* Request to be placed on the Permanent AV List - (to receive an APPLICATION prior to each election)
What Every Voter Should Know
* Where do I vote?
How do I obtain an Absentee Ballot?
Any registered voter who cannot go to the polls on election day may obtain an Absentee Ballot. You may apply in person or by mail - as early as 75 days in advance and up to 5:00 pm the Saturday preceeding the election. Note: A written request for an Absentee Ballot must include your signature, date and date of birth.
Absentee Ballot Application - click here
Track Your Absentee Ballot
Is there a Permanent Absentee Ballot List?
Yes. If you would like an application for an Absentee Ballot mailed to you approximately 6 weeks prior to the election, please submit a request in writing (email is acceptable), using the AV Perm List Request form (link above), or call (313) 343-2510. A voter who submits a request will have their name placed on the permanent list; which allows an application to be mailed to you prior to each election
How do I register to Vote in the City of Harper Woods?
Register in person during regular business hours at the City Clerk's Office or register at your local Secretary of State. The 14th day preceding the election is the deadline for registering to vote other than in person at the Local Clerk's office. Remember! If you move, even within Harper Woods, you must re-register at the new address. A name change also requires re-registration.
You can verify your voter registration status at the State of Michigan website at: www.michigan.gov/sos or at the City Clerk's Office.
Because I registered to vote by mail and have not voted in Michigan before, must I vote in person. Is there a way I can vote absentee?
Under Michigan law, if you register to vote by mail, you must meet an identification requirement. You must accurately enter your state issued license or the last four digits of your social security number where requested on the mail-in voter registration form; or send one of the following forms of identification when mailing the mail-in form: a copy of any current and valid photo ID or a copy of a paycheck, government check, utility bill, bank statement or a government document which lists your name and address.
* Absent Voter Ballot Request
* Affidavit for Absent Voters for voters who did not receive their ballot or have lost their ballot
* Precinct Worker Application (Election Inspector) What is this?
* Purchase Voter Information/Lists/Labels/AV Info/Election History
* Voter Registration Form
* City Council election results:
* Harper Woods School Board Election Results:
* Primary Election results - even years only
(State, County, Fed) -
* General Election results - even years only
(State, County, Fed) -
* Demographic Information by Age/Gender by Election: (even yrs only)
* Primary Elections - State and Federal Elections -
* General Elections - State and Federal Elections -
* Voter Turnout by Precinct:
* Primary Elections 1984 - 2014
* General Elections 1984 - 2014